Technical Customer Success Manager - Seal Designated Support Engineer
Customer Support | Bay Area / Sacramento, CA
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Seal Software Designated Support Engineer (DSE) provides the best possible customer service to the company’s most important customers. They bring deep knowledge of Seal products, related technologies and their customers’ deployments to solve problems quickly and provide proactive guidance. DSE is an elite role in Seal’s customer support organization, with advanced technical, problem solving, account management and customer interaction skills. To that end, DSEs support a small set of customers – anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5. This senior role has wide discretion to act in the best interest of their customers, including going on-site themselves and orchestrating assistance from any other Seal technical support, professional services, sales or engineering organizations. Most frequently, DSEs will be based in the same time zone /proximity to their customers to build relationships and as needed provide occasional onsite assistance. As the senior members of the customer support organization, DSEs also mentor the more junior members of the Technical Support team and help them develop their technical and customer interaction skills.
- Serve as first contact for technical support issues
- Leads escalation response as necessary
- Develop ongoing relationship with customer and become their technical advocate
- Partnering with the CSM, provide proactive guidance and encourage adoption and assist in deployment of new product releases
- Manage the status and internal and customer communications of service requests, product requests, defects, etc.
- Collaborate with support management to orchestrate support response beyond the DSEs direct capability
- Conduct quarterly reviews and solicit feedback of service delivery
- Travel to customer sites to expedite problem resolution, provide Seal visibility, facilitate communication and project manage initiatives
- Work with the field to develop sales activities
- Perform regular health checks to ensure system is performing well
- Interface with Seal’s Product Managers on behalf of assigned accounts
- Minimum of 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise applications and core technologies as it relates to several of the following:
- Content Management & Related Technologies
- Databases and related technologies (Postgres a plus!)
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Windows Server / Linux Expertise – admin level
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills – not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoys it!
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience working with and supporting Global 2000 Companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.