Technical Principal at Thoughtworks
As a Principal Consultant at Thoughtworks, you have total responsibility for technical delivery on a client engagement, so you are likely to have a rich breadth of industry experience.
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure, Golang, etc.) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect and leading and inspiring software development teams
- Solid understanding of the following areas (with practical experience in several):
- One or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) along with value added services such as message queues, databases, etc.
- Cloud native architecture styles (domain-driven design, microservices)
- Infrastructure as Code (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Modern security practices (SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP)
- Modern API platform design (REST, gRPC, etc.)
- Modern data architectures (e.g., event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications
- Understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible, and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries.
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role.
- Experience working with CIO/CTO/COO to create technical strategies.
- Any experience building and leading an offshore/outsourcing function would be highly beneficial.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real-world solutions.
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Drive Thoughtworks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards.
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team.
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities.
- Create and support sales activities.
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.