Technical Solutions Specialist
JELLYVISION NEEDS A TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, which is why we need talented folks like you.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
We are looking for an accomplished Sales Engineer to be our resident expert, the primary technical voice embedded within Jellyvision’s Sales team. You’re the type of outgoing personality who listens first, who’s comfortable geeking out with a system administrator about encryption methods, and who can translate that conversation to that system admin’s executive.
- You’re the Sales team’s tech expert, responsible for evaluating technical information requests, providing in-depth product demos, and collaborating with the team to demonstrate the value of our products. You not only know how things like APIs, data encryption, and SSO work, but you can translate those sorts of things for internal and external people who don’t understand them one bit. For that reason, previous developer experience is a huge plus.
- You support our customers’ journeys by providing them access to the expertise they need when they need it. You help the Sales team guide prospective customers through technical solutions decisions and provide those customers with an exceptional customer service experience.
- You conduct thoughtful analysis that betters Jellyvision’s ability to effectively serve our customers. You’ll work to improve our understanding of our customers’ technical and security requirements, and share actionable information with our product and engineering teams.
- You contribute to the sales strategy and planning for future products and initiatives as part of your work with the Revenue Enablement Team. Your understanding of our customers’ technical and security landscapes will help us identify which customers are prime fits for pilots and new products.
- You set clear expectations and build internal relationships with Support Engineers, IT, Security, Finance, and Legal in order to provide timely, accurate answers to technical inquiries from our customers and their IT teams. You are a liaison between Sales and the other supporting technical teams when additional details are needed.
SO, WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU?
We want someone who’s whip-smart, seasoned, and kind. Ideally, you have 4+ years of experience in a solutions engineering, sales engineering, or technical consulting role, preferably in the technology industry selling B2B. Here are some of the skills and traits we’re looking for:
- Great listening skills, as well as empathy - You’ll be working with a wide range of customers and peers to build long lasting relationships. You’ll have to be able to quickly understand a prospect’s industry and core business processes, and then determine if and how our solution could solve some of their technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – You have the ability to speak and write with confidence, charisma, clarity, and conciseness for a wide variety of audiences. You excel at creating thoughtful diagrams, product specifications, and how-to guides.
- Outstanding market research skills - You stay up to date on market trends and understand the unique technology and security challenges faced by customers in various industries.
- Organization and time management – You’ll be maintaining a large pipeline of leads and opportunities, which will require a laser-focused ability to keep everything sorted.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a friendly atmosphere. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!