Technical Support Analyst, EDI/ePro
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for accurately creating customer profiles and maintaining those profiles in a variety of systems that are used to support some of the company's largest technical Services & Solutions. It is critical for this role to complete requests for building new profiles and performing maintenance as requested internal/external customers. This role will be a functional subject matter expert in all the interworking of our systems. In addition, this role will be required to handle the majority of the complex support issues. This role will require direct interaction with internal and external customers as needed.
- Process requests to add new customers into Grainger's system and ensure proper and accurate set-up.
- Facilitate loading data into a variety of systems that are required to successfully service our customer and operate their solution.
- Responsible for being a systems administrator in a variety of applications that support our operations.
- Handle complex support issues and troubleshooting for the customer specific solution.
- Regular interaction with field partners and customers to resolve issues.
- Develop and build relationships with key stakeholders within the Services and Solutions team to ensure requests are processed correctly and accurately. May require frequent communications with other experts within the team to ensure requests are done properly.
- Provide solution specific training to field partners and external customers during and/or after implementation as needed.
- Elevate system bugs and enhancement ideas to business partners and support leadership.
- Execute assigned maintenance requests within desired cycle time.
- Identify solution and process improvement opportunities.
- Escalation point for resolving complex problems related to database settings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA or equivalet preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience in related field preferred.
- Detail oriented and quality focused as well as analytical and resourceful with an ability to plan, prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to influence and build relationships cross-functionally while creating an environment that fosters teamwork to achieve common goals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively uses independent judgment to quickly solve customer problems
- Demonstrated ability to drive results with the passion, energy and business skills to drive a consistent customer experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Working knowledge of the Services and Solutions offer preferred.
- Position is based at corporate in Lake Forest
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.