Technical Support Associate at CityBase
Do you have an interest in helping local governments reinvent their user experience? At CityBase, we’re a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, singularly focused on creating a platform and products for local governments. We work with more than 100 government agencies, including 8 of the top 20 cities in the US, and utilities driving improved customer service, more efficient operations, and better data. In other words, we’re making govtech cool, and are looking for smart, self-starting people to help define that next generation. Our clients include the City of Chicago, where we’re bringing all payments online and vastly increasing in-person payments options; the City of San Francisco, where we’re improving the user experience of digital payments and automating much of the funding process; and the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County, where we have evolved the City-County website, Indy.gov, into a digital city hall. We are also working with several other top cities, such as the City-County of Denver, City of Austin, and New York City.
In support of our rapid growth, we are looking for an exceptional Technical Support Associate to provide the first line of customer service to our clients. You will collaborate with other team members to resolve client needs and will provide support via our Zendesk ticketing system, e-mail & phone. The successful candidate must be an independent thinker, a good communicator, and able to prioritize tasks.
- As the Technical Support Associate serving the needs of our clients, you will be expected to monitor and respond, as needed, to any support requests and company-wide messaging systems 24/7/365 days.
- Assist with supporting CityBase clients & teams across the United States using Zendesk ticketing system
- Assist the Support Manager with compiling and analyzing ticket trends, tracking KPIs, and providing reporting data to the Management Team.
- Support the technical support team and other CityBase groups with issue escalations, prioritization, and tracking.
- Use and help update reference tools including phone/email scripts, process workflows, and client “wikis”.
- Participate in the development of customer feedback loops, monthly “voice of the customer” reporting, NPS tracking, and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Provide technical support for other CityBase departments.
- Flexible work from home/office environment.
- Associate's degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred in information systems, business, communications, or related field preferred
- 1+ year of technical support experience
- Customer service experience required
- Fluent in English required; Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Zendesk & JIRA experienced a plus, but not required
- Highly organized, accountable, resourceful, and professional with a positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Unwavering commitment to a positive customer experience
- Genuine curiosity to investigate the root cause and track down a solution for every issue
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with other project opportunity and priorities
- Available weekends for customer support issues via Zendesk and phone.
- Like to tinker with hardware
- Know a little bit about Linux
At CityBase, we’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy including:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible spending account, dependent flexible spending account, and a pre-tax commuter program
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Paid Parental leave
- We offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with a pool table, a ping pong tables, casual seating and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.