Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Signal’s Chicago office is looking for a brainy, inventive and detail-obsessed Technical Support Engineer to provide guidance and consultative technical expertise to our end users and the client delivery team. Our future Signalite has experience working in a technical service environment, is comfortable collaborating with product and engineering teams and is no stranger to the marketing technology space.
So, what would you be doing?
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and support to our client delivery team. You will be the go-to person for complex technical solutions and point of escalation for troubleshooting issues
- Understand our platform inside and out -
- You will be testing, replicating and validating customer requests, often supporting product features being rolled out for the first time
- Work closely with our Engineering team to troubleshoot complex technical issues and develop advanced technical solutions
- Manage internal support tickets on a daily basis, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving issues
- Escalating issues to the proper parties -
- We’ll be relying on your judgement to decide whether an issue is important enough to warrant a 3am page, for example
- Working with product managers to understand if an issue is a bug or a feature request due to unintended behavior
- Innovate on current processes and proactively create new ones to improve support process and ultimately our customer’s experience working with Signal
What do we need from you?
- Familiarity with using Bash or Terminal commands to manipulate large data files and knowledge of best practices for data transfer protocols
- You are analytical with great problem solving skills and attention to detail. Someone who geeks out over hunting out inefficiencies and iterating over a solution
- You can operate with a sense of urgency, are highly organized, and can use project management, time tracking and collaboration tools to prioritize requests, escalating to engineering team when necessary
- Phenomenal communication skills. You know how to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people and are able to bridge the communication gap between client facing and engineering teams.
- You are service-oriented, have fantastic people skills, and find satisfaction in helping others
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in the online advertising/marketing space or SaaS with tag implementations and online advertising tools (DMP/DSP/RTB/Attribution/CRM).
- Familiarity with AWS CloudWatch Service or similar logging tools
- Strong technical writing skills, including the creation of training materials
- Experience in a client facing technical support role
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you: You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, laptop benefit, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
Signal is a Customer Data Intelligence & Identity Solution for enterprises. The platform enables brands to more accurately understand the customer journey to personalize the marketing message and transform insight into business value. Through its platform, Signal’s mission is to make the intersection between brands and consumers more human through true understanding.
By enabling its customers with their own first-party data, Signal aspires to achieve a vision to empower brand empathy. Signal’s customer intelligence platform leverages real-time data collection for clients such as ASOS, EA Sports, Crate and Barrel (and more) to activate their customer actions. Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries and is a trusted powerhouse to help clients open up new opportunities for brand engagements.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest-growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 Lists.
Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.