Technical Support Manager
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
Our customers are the lifeblood of our business. As Manager of the Technical Support team, your responsibility will be to build, mentor and coach a team that delivers value and support that’s so good our customers can’t help but tell their friends.
Key responsibilities as Technical Support Manager
- Maintain a good relationship with the rest of the CS team, Engineering, Product and Sales teams. As your team will work in close collaboration with the engineering team, it is vital to keep a good understanding between the two teams. Teamwork is the basis of how we operate at Showpad.
- Weekly 1-1s with your team members, challenging them to take them to take their career to the next level.
- Making sure the team has the right tools, skills, training, to excel in their roles.
Work within the Global Technical Support team to achieve the common goals of outstanding customer support experience. The US and EMEA support team operate as one global team to ensure effortless customer experience across the globe.
As we grow, we need a structured balance between standardization and freedom to deal with issues as they come + taking the actions that are needed. You will be responsible to help Showpad continue to build this structure.
In the beginning, you will be working on tickets to get a better understanding of our customer needs. You will also collaborate with the self-service team members within the support team, who are responsible for our Help Center.
In close collaboration with the customer success directors, you will help build out the support team as part of the customer success team in such a way that it will keep supporting fast growth, taking into account the goal of the entire success team: retention and growth of existing accounts. This role reports to the Global Director of Technical Support up through the Global Head of Customer Success.
Skills we are looking for
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical support management or customer service management role in a software company. Saas experience is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- A technical background (knowledge of HTML, SSL, DNS, Salesforce.com, APIs)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Have a coaching & challenging approach to people management
- Commitment to providing an effortless customer experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- A great interest in mobile and web applications
- Knowledge of tools like Jira & Zendesk are a nice plus
What you can expect from Showpad
On the outside, we’re building the industry’s most comprehensive unified sales enablement platform to give sales teams the content and the knowledge they need to win in one convenient platform. On the inside, we’re redefining the workplace. Showpad is a global company where personalities and cultures across oceans collide to create something extraordinary.