Technical Support Representative (TSR) at Returnly
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 10, 2020
At Returnly, we help merchants turn product returns into new revenue streams. We're a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behavior and customer loyalty. Backed by smart money VCs in Fintech, we are one of the most well-funded startups in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to de-risk online commerce and we’re building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
About the role
At Returnly, we value you as a whole person. We care about your skills, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are and the attitude you bring to the table. As a Technical Support Representative (TSR), you will work directly with merchants who are serving millions of shoppers around the world. You will find success in this role if you are a thoughtful problem solver who’s willing to track down the root cause of the most technical challenges.
- You are passionate about solving complex problems
- You have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- You are flexible and seek clarity when faced with ambiguity
- You have your own opinions and are not shy about them, however, you value consensus and strive to achieve it
- You are not afraid to change your mind given new facts, nor are you afraid to admit your mistakes
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to explain your ideas clearly and concisely and you enjoy sharing them
- You are very serious about the quality of your work and you hold your colleagues to the same standard
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
What you’ll be doing:
- Answer and/or escalate all support tickets via email and scheduled phone calls.
- Participate in curation of technical documentation to support new features released by Returnly’s product team.
- Be an ambassador for your customers: Write feature requests and bug tickets that support their long-term success on Returnly’s platform.
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors when a challenge merits third-party involvement.
- Work cross-functionally with Returnly’s Product, Engineering, & Go-To-Market teams to identify the root cause and solve technical issues.
- Develop and improve support processes as Returnly scales the Support team.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience).
- 1-3 years of relevant industry experience (eCommerce, SaaS) in a technical, customer-facing role.
- Proficient in reading & applying knowledge from documentation.
- Working-knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS, HTTP, APIs, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to match technical complexity with the appropriate audience.
- Exposure to the eCommerce technology landscape (OMS, 3PL, ERP, WMS, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience using Zendesk is a plus.
- Prior startup experience is a plus.
Diversity - We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
Openness and empathy - We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
Integrity - We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
Team - EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
Commitment - We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.
Read Full Job Description