Technical Support Specialist I (Benefits) at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Technical Support Specialist I (Benefits) will provide technical support to clients as well as other internal departments concerning the Paylocity Benefits applications. The Specialist will address escalated issues from the Benefits Support teams pertaining to technical issues related to software functionality, transmitting Benefits data, software installation, benefits configuration questions, network problems, database issues and setting up standard features in web-based applications.
Reports To: Manager Support, Customer Service
- Respond to all cases, emails and calls from clients and internal departments regarding maintenance or problems with web-based products.
- Support clients on the modification of items that may include; Benefits, spending accounts, EDI, and/or security requests by working directly with the client to ensure complete resolution.
- Support the production department through accurately troubleshooting processing errors that may arise through backend systems.
- Research and test functionality of the software based on the needs of the client. •Assess the need for customization or enhancements to be reported to development maintenance and other Technical Service departments.
- Work through high-level analytical problems for best resolution.
- Possess a positive demeanor to work with individuals with minimal technological aptitude.
- Ability to search multiple knowledgebases that use support developed articles or prior troubleshooting cases as examples using Boolean, Keyword and Wildcard searches.
- Prepare technical writing specifically for “how to” and “troubleshooting” guides, and narrate, record and edit “how to” videos.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a customer service role.
- PC hardware/software experience including installation, maintenance and training end users.
- Experience working with Microsoft software including Access, Word and Excel spreadsheets, specifically the ability to import data and format tables.
- Ability to learn new software and desire for continued learning.
- Ability to analyze data for high-level problem resolution.
- Must have database administration & maintenance experience –building multi-table databases, writing queries, frontend UI development.
- Must have strong mathematical skills for report calculations, accruals, etc.
- Experience in a help desk/technical support role, preferred.
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
This job excludes CO applicants
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.