Technical Support Specialist I - Payroll Tax Ops at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Technical Support Specialist I is in charge of providing excellent support efforts for Paylocity's suite of applications. This is not your average Help Desk; you will be expected to learn multiple software products and fully support any questions or issues that may arise. The TSS will be focused on service request completion, incident detection, reporting, and resolution, and excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and is able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction. Basic computer skills are necessary, as the TSS will use diagnostic tools, data entry applications, office products, and SQL to assist with resolution. Travel also may be required for conferences and/or client visits.
This position is to support Payroll & Tax within Technical Support and is responsible for providing support to internal partners in assisting Paylocity's clients with payroll tax functionality and pay history data corrections. This includes processing corrective "nocalc" adjustment payrolls, creating corrected employee year-end tax forms, answering questions about how to set up employees' taxes to ensure accurate tax withholding, performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) when new tax calculation functionality is being released, and troubleshooting payroll tax calculation system issues and reporting opportunities to Development to enhance the system.
A successful Payroll Tax TSS has strong mathematical ability, intermediate to advanced Excel expertise, and an ability to learn, understand, and adapt to ever-changing tax rules quickly. Past payroll tax experience and an FPC or CPP designation would make that TSS stand out even more!
- Monitor and prioritize the cases and phone calls in a timely manner from an end user experiencing problems with software and other computer related technologies
- Support technical issues by remote desktop management tools
- Track and maintain interactions through the entire lifecycle
- Learn and become an expert on application features, configuration, and supported third party software
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues and critical incidents through research and analysis
- Assist end users on the modification of items that may include time off accruals, time and attendance, tax adjustments, and/or security requests by working directly with the client to ensure complete resolution
- Use intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills to break down and analyze data
- Work through high-level analytical problems for best resolution
- Possess a positive demeanor to work with individuals with minimal technological aptitude. Able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction
- Search multiple knowledgebases that use support developed articles or prior troubleshooting cases as examples using Boolean, Keyword and Wildcard searches
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Experience within Payroll Industry
- Experience within a customer service focused organization
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, dependability, and follow through
- Ability to effectively solve problems by finding and using key resources
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong mathematical skills for report calculations, accruals, etc.
- Ability to analyze data for high-level problem resolution
- Experience working with SQL and other relational databases
- Strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new technologies/internal software systems and identify user applications
- Previous experience in a help desk/software support environment
- Adaptable and able to manage change
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $39k - $60k/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.