Technical Support Specialist at CSG
This role is for a Technical Support Specialist within the Ascendon Operations department. This is a Level II support position where the primary responsibility is to support the Ascendon applications working to troubleshoot, triage and diagnose software issues. This role involves frequent daily interactions between R&D, Engineering, and Managed Services to drive issues to resolution. Additional responsibilities include fielding inquiries such as clarifying functionality and configuration, completing service requests, and monitoring and maintaining production environments. Among other leading technologies, Ascendon leverages AWS cloud services and provides the opportunity for the candidate to work with cutting edge technology. This role provides the opportunity to work with the latest technology stacks to stay current with the ever evolving technology landscape.
- High comfort level with context switching and multi-tasking
- Ticket intake and triage; Troubleshoot, diagnose, assign application defects
- Incident ownership from inception to resolution
- Tight Incident Management procedures; Frequent updates, progress, transparency
- Drive effort with the internal stakeholders to gather data and move issues to resolution
- Close collaboration across the organization; Liaison between R&D, Engineering, Managed Services
- Respond to requests such as clarifying functionality and configuration and completing service requests
- Monitoring and maintaining environments
- Participating in the Application Support on-call rotation schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or 3+ years equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Incident Management; troubleshooting strategy, queue management, ticket administration
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases, Caching concepts, Network and Infrastructure models
- Strong analysis and complex problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Preferred experience with Postman, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Remedy, JIRA
- Preferred experience with AWS Cloud Services
Responsibility % of Time
- Investigate and Resolve Software Issues leveraging minimal help from the team and external resources:50%
- Work with Development Teams, Client Services and Managed Services for issue resolution: 15%
- Respond to Service Requests, Configuration and Functionality Queries, and refine internal Documentation: 10%
- Monitor and maintain production, customer test and internal environments; Proactively Identify and Address issues: 10%
- Application Support on-call: 10%
- Participate in and contribute at daily stand-up meetings: 5%
Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Understands and adheres to CSG Security and Compliance standards as they appear in Information Security, Acceptable Use, Code of Conduct, and other corporate policies. Keeps abreast of all applicable regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
Candidate is accountable for professional working behavior to include: building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
An employee may perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.