Technical Support Specialist
About the role:
Technical Support Specialist helps address technical questions and issues relating to our Pampered Chef e-Commerce platform and technology tools for consultants, hosts, guests, and customers.
About the team:
This team is a diverse group of upbeat and positive problem solvers each with their own unique style of interacting with consultants and customers. The team is strongly encouraged to share thoughts, ideas, concepts, troubleshooting tips, and process efficiencies amongst each other and management. The open floor plan fosters, supports, and aligns with this culture of collaboration.
What you will do:
• Act as a subject matter expert for all Pampered Chef consultant technologies to provide assistance and troubleshoot issues via phone, email and chat.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting assistance and resolution through knowledge of software applications, Web and Mobile, and a processes and hardware.
• Gather information and thoroughly document issues for escalation to the Sr. Technical Support Specialist and/or the Pampered Chef IT department.
• Provide timely callbacks to consultants with status reports, and help resolve the reported issue(s).
• Assist other departments and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills you will need:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred, but not required.
• 3 years of customer service call center experience.
• Proficiency of, current and past, Windows Operating Systems, MAC OSX, and Mobile operating platforms required.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and mobile hardware required.
• Must be able to translate and interpret technical information into general user oriented terms.
• Ability to listen to customers and, with diplomacy and empathy, address their concerns towards resolution. Must be able to pacify irate callers and turn negative situations into positive ones.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as proper phone etiquette required.
• Must be able to think analytically towards problem resolution.
• Strong attention to detail, good organizational and time management skills required.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs, as necessary.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Technology you will use:
Hybris Management Console, Oracle Service Cloud, Oracle EBS, Salesforce (Email) Marketing Cloud, OBIEE, Office 365, JIRA, Prowess, Mouseflow, Legacy applications
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.