Technical Support Team Leader
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group's Client Service, Product Development and Product Management teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help them provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar Client Service aims to thrill our clients by quickly resolving issues, deftly managing changes and providing insightful consultation at every step of the client experience. The Client Service group is comprised of four teams: Customer Support, Success, Engagement and Operations. In this End-User Support role, directly reporting to the Director of Product Support, you will be the team lead for Technical Support across Morningstar Products’ software capabilities. The Team Lead of Technical Support role is responsible for defining and executing the technical support experience for our software clients
• Facilitates the day to day operations of the Morningstar Product Technical Support team including participation in supporting clients and directing the work of others.
• Develop and monitor policies and procedures, operating structure, information flow, etc.
• Work cross-functionally with development, Data, Application Services and Corporate IT teams to solve complex issues and communicate product technical enhancements and updates.
• Apply a professional, timely, and proactive approach to escalated client issues and calls.
• Ensure the implementation of on-going training programs for the team.
• Facilitate team member growth and achievement of individual and departmental goals through coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrate and promote strong client advocacy.
• Collaborate with Global Product Support team managers (in the United States and internationally), global Client Solutions Consultant leaders, and Office product management.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the features, benefits and functionality of Morningstar products, and serve as a resource to team members.
• Provide and facilitate pertinent corporate, inter-departmental, and departmental communications as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with engineering and software development.
• Provides advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems.
• Researches, reports and corrects any quality assurance issues.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• 5+ years of experience in a technical management role.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar and/or 4-6 years in a technical and/or customer support role.
• Working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
• Software development experience or skills a plus.
• ITIL (V3 Foundation level certification preferred).
• Understanding of complex software systems.
• Highly developed communication, skills written and verbal (must be able to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical persons).
• Capable to use remote control tools for troubleshooting.
• MCSE certification, A+, BS in Computer Science.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
301_MstarEurLtd Morningstar Europe Ltd (UK) Legal Entity