Technical Support Technician
Responsible for troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc’s, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades. Troubleshooting and repairs may be accomplished remotely and/or via telephone.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc’s, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades. Troubleshooting and repairs may be accomplished remotely and/or via telephone, such as:
*Utilizing tracking software to track and monitor the resolution of issues and/or open tickets.
*Supporting area processes and interface requirements;
* Resetting equipment or applying solutions to quickly resolve problems;
*May escalate issues to more experience support staff
*May identify and document fault patterns over a period of time and involve other engineering or other technical resources in the IT function or the vendor community to develop permanent fixes.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues. Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including technical and development personnel, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Documents client problems, initiates referrals and records resolutions within department database software.
- May lift and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Associate's Degree or Higher and at least 1 years of experience in an IT customer-facing and/or technical support role OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 2 years of experience in an IT customer-facing and/or technical support role.
- Knowledge of remote control software, such as Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 server and Windows 7 and 10 desktop platforms as well as network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems
- Knowledge of various software, such as Windows 7 and 10 desktop OS, MSOffice Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, TCP\\IP
- Willingness to work hours of support that may require weekend, holiday and/ or off-hours shift coverage.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in IT end-user support
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as mother boards, power supplies, RF devices.
- MCP and or A +, Net + Certification preferred.
- Experience solving technical problems.
- Experience defining and resolving desktop hardware and software issues.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience following processes and recommending improvements.
- Experience translating technical terms to non-technical users..
- Experience working independently and as part of a cross-functional technical team
- Preferred Certificate in Network Plus
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, PDA’s, RF communication hardware, etc.