Technology Business Mgmt Analyst at OCC
The Technology Business Management Analyst is responsible for assisting in the operationalization and maintenance of a Technology Business Management (TBM) solution designed to position executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of IT Services. This role will also play a part in the overall IT governance processes as well as the assist in the administrative oversight of overall budget planning and forecasting.
- Gather functional and business requirements; translate information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards and management reports
- Import, transform and rationalize data from systems of record into selected TBM tool
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validation and reviewing on a timely basis
- Review monthly data for key insights of monthly metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Participates in collaborative efforts with domain leads, service lines and PMO to drive improved communication and shared direction.
- Participates in review process to ensure overall budget/forecast consolidation and review.
- Perform monthly forecasting and budget reconciliation
- Supports the TBM process and functions as subject matter expert
- Challenges status quo and drive fit for purpose process that are appropriate for the maturity of the IT organization
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Highly motivated individual that assumes ownership of their projects.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills to be able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
- Ability to provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget, with a high degree of quality
- Understanding of core IT services and concepts
- Knowledge of financial management processes and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital and operating expense handling
- Understanding of Technology Business Management or IT Finance concepts preferred
- Experience with data modeling tools and concepts
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong data transformation skills using MS Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- MBA or related graduate level course work a plus