Technology Support Specialist
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Technology Support Specialist at our organization will support and maintain productivity and collaboration technologies.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as a Technology Support Specialist at VillageMD?
- Documenting location-based support guides for various markets to enable faster resolutions of hardware and software issues
- Develop a training program to enable better use of various corporate tools & technologies
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to own problems and deliver fast resolutions to requests reported by our colleagues
- Ability to work on the fly and pick up new technologies and concepts quickly
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Be first point of contact for all hardware and software related issued reported from all VillageMD locations as well as remote teams
- Build and configure Windows and Apple laptops, printers and other peripheral hardware.
- Educate employees on security best practices and provide guidance on productivity and collaboration software.
- Support all network related areas, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, phones, video conferencing and requests coming from remote offices.
- Manage User Lifecycle Activities in OneLogin, Active Directory and Office 365.
- Create, validate and update content related to technology in use at our organization.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 1-3 years of full-time experience supporting varying technologies in mid-size office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can multi-task and prioritize with minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office
- Experience with Service Management platforms such as Jira, Remedy or Service Now
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.