Supervises a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified functional area of the technology operation. Ensures work efforts are aligned in order to successfully execute tactical plans that enable business operations. Ensures successful results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources. This role may need to become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility. The TEM Team is responsible for importing carrier invoice data into our TEM system, validating charges, managing audits, disputes, adjustments, allocations and approvals that ultimately lead to timely vendor payment for services on an ongoing monthly basis.
- Responsible for managing the Walgreens TEM Team of approximately 5 FTE’s that perform enterprise telecom invoice processing.
- Provide monthly OpEx financial reports, as an active participate in the ongoing management of the Telecommunications circuit budget and financial forecasting models based on historical and current billing data.
- Ensures that daily production, productivity, quality, service levels, and performance objectives are accomplished.
- Directly supervises a team of computer professionals and assigns them duties, monitors work-in-progress and takes corrective actions, where needed.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics or Finance.
- Experience with Calero (formerly Pinnacle) Telecom Expense Management application.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of prior experience with telecom expense and contract/dispute management practices for carrier-based voice, data, cellular and cloud services.