If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions Inc. (MSI) is a leading provider of Mission Critical Communications Solutions for Public Safety and Government Users as well as key enabler for Commercial Communication products, making sure our Customers have the information they need at hand in the Moments that Matter. Be a part of the Dynamic Team that manages and oversees the Cyber Security program for Product Development throughout Motorola Solutions.
The Products & Services Organizations within Motorola Solutions is responsible for development of the company’s mission critical communications and mission critical intelligence portfolio, including cloud-based command center applications, Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and LTE solutions, as well as managed and support services around the world. The organization also includes the company’s procurement and supply chain operations.
The Products & Services (P&S) Threat Management Group is responsible for strategic threat intelligence, internal penetration tests, Federal hardening compliance management, and CyberSecurity tools management, all focused on protecting our customers in the moments that matter.
The ultimate goal of the Threat Intelligence team is to define the CyberSecurity threat space that impacts our Customers, their Data and Operations and transform that information into consumable Threat Intelligence to inform internal and external stakeholders, enabling the implementation of security controls before attackers can take advantage of potential product vulnerabilities.
The Threat Intelligence team is responsible for investigating and reporting how threat actors are uniquely targeting and exploiting MSI customers, products, and services so we can guide secure development and design as well as inform our customer base. This intelligence drives identification of critical vulnerabilities to MSI products and services that are sought after by real world threat actors, and identifies how cyber threat actors are targeting the industries that MSI serves in order to enhance the awareness and security across MSI and its customers.
The Threat Intelligence team is responsible for external engagement with peer groups in information security circles over cyber threats and for informing the development of global cyber policy. The Threat Intelligence teams’ collection efforts focus on events ranging from extortion, intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorized access, product and service fraud, insider attacks, and loss of Customer data or MSI proprietary information. This includes developing a deep understanding of global threat actors and geopolitical drivers of cyberspace. The Threat Intelligence team plays an integral role in alerting, responding, and advising on the mitigation of computer security incidents within a Product and Services CyberSecurity context. The team will work closely with other groups within the P&S CyberSecurity organization, as well as other teams within MSI.
The successful candidate possesses an intelligence analysis background and is able to communicate in natural language with senior management as well as technical detail levels to enable mitigation activities with threats and incident impacts to MSI products and services. You will independently, or in concert with other work partners, identify cybersecurity threats, produce analytical deliverables, and provide support to ensure internal recipients are successful with threat information you'll produce. You'll use all-source technical data collection and analysis to produce a commonly understandable model of relevant threat related activity. The role includes developing and maintaining a Threat Intelligence Platform to collect new technical and non-technical sources of information, threat research, threat profile development, analyses, debriefings, warnings, and operational data to create tailored intelligence impacting MSI product and services offerings. Military or government service in cyber or intelligence operations is a plus and may be used to waive degree requirements.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM related fields with 1-3 years experience in security roles; 2+ years working in security/threat intelligence roles for non STEM applicants
- Highly proficient in complex critical thinking and analysis
- Proficiency in a programming or scripting language such as Python, Perl, Powershell Java desirable
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills for multiple audiences
- Willingness to earn one of the following certifications within first year of employment: Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst, SECURITY+, GCTI
- Execute an established threat intelligence gathering methodology to identify, classify, prioritize and report on cyber threats using a structured approach to derive Customer marketspace relevant cyber intel
- Coordinate with IT, our Security Operations Center (SOC), and Incident Response teams to identify, analyze, and hunt for threat actor behavior
- Develop actionable threat intelligence at the tactical and operational levels sourced from SOC and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) data.
- Identify and develop a portfolio of threat profiles, threat activity, trends and common attack vectors from all available sources
- Provide actionable information by producing, editing, and distributing a variety of concise and actionable threat analysis and warning products in written and presentation form to an audience that spans a range of end users from customers and senior company executives to security analysts and developers
- Compile and analyze cyber threat information and make recommendations based on suspected or known context in order to draw insights and conclusions regarding its relative threat to MSI product and services cybersecurity
- Conduct studies and make recommendations to produce a library of cyber threats, threat vectors, threat actors, and threat trends for security analyst and development team consumption during threat modeling activities
- Advanced complex critical thinking and analysis skills
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills
- Able to translate technical risk details into easy-to-understand natural language
- Team focus, dedication, self-motivated, attention to detail, and flexibility
- Ability to work and influence in a very matrixed organization
- Ability to formulate and present risk information to senior management
Additional Qualified Skills:
- The Candidate should be a self-motivated individual with high energy level, ability to learn quickly and demonstrate good, tactful communication skills.
- The Candidate should be comfortable in managing a multidisciplinary team as well as a number of diverse tasks.
- Good organizational & analytical skills and technical aptitude, with the ability to think creatively and objectively.
- Able to effectively interface with a wide range of people and groups including Customers, upper management, third-party vendors, sales, engineering, production, & service personnel.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields, or 3+ years working in security roles, or 4+ years working for applicants with non technical background. Military or government service in cyber or intelligence operations is a plus and may be used to waive degree requirements.
- 1+ years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Intelligence Function or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.