Trading Operations Associate at PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that success is driven by a strong collaborative process. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 20 years later. As a Trading Operations Associate at PEAK6, you’ll be integral to maintaining and improving the firm’s processes and procedures by collaborating with traders and technologists to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. Working in Operations at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with trading desks and clearing firms to identify, investigate, and reconcile trades, positions, and profit/loss every morning
- Collaborating with the finance team on month end reporting
- Developing relationships with Traders, Technology, TT Solutions to execute firm initiatives
- Continuously reviewing operating processes to ensure that they are efficient and effective
- Reviewing and maintaining trading data
- Performing ad hoc project work as needed
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 1-3 years of experience in relevant field or coursework
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to understand, analyze and creatively solve problems
- Strong sense of urgency when it comes to support resolution
- The ability to dig into the details and work with large amounts of data
- The ability to pass Series 57 licensing exam upon hire
- Technical proficiency in SQL and Python desired, but not required.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Trading Operations Associate you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.