Travel Senior Certification Agent at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWe operate the award-winning School of Cybersecurity and the Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) program. We pride ourselves that our education and certification programs are supported by full-time professionals defending organizations and systems in the field. This means that training and certification are practical and supported by real-life experience. Members of our team have the opportunity to teach courses, develop course material, as well as materials for certification programs. As an employee, you will have the opportunity to expand your proficiency by building the proficiency of other cyber professionals.
Looking for a Certification Agent to oversee all of the technical assessment activities performed by the security control assessors and security staff assisting in the assessment activities. The Certification Agent may perform the duties of the Lead Security Controls Assessor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all of the technical assessment activities performed by the security control assessors and security staff assisting in the assessment activities.
- May perform the duties of the Lead Security Controls Assessor.
- Conducts analyzes of the weaknesses to make risk based decisions describing the potential impacts to confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- As a senior security advisor presents technical material to senior management in a non-technical manner to ensure a clear understanding of how the risk(s) impacts the mission and/or business functions.
- Provides an impartial and unbiased role in the security certification process and maintains independence from the persons directly responsible for the development and day-to-day operation of the information system, and for mitigating the findings identified during the security certification.
- The independence of the certification agent is an important factor in assessing the credibility of the security assessment results and ensuring the authorizing official receives the most objective information possible in order to make an informed, risk-based, accreditation decision.
- Reviews, coordinates, addresses issues, approves and accountable for the assessment documentation.
- Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Eight (8) years of experience conducting security controls assessments to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls, overseeing the technical assessment activities performed by the security control assessors assisting in the assessment activities and assessing the vulnerability state of components, applications and databases following NIST Special Publications.
- Four (4) years of familiarity with a variety of the IT technologies, architecture, concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Possess familiarity with assessing commercial cloud environments.
- Two (2) years of experience lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proficiency in interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in project and time management.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a cohesive team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in proofreading deliverables for clear, concise language, completeness, correctness, and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related cyber/cyber security field.
- The following certifications is required: CISA
- The following certifications (one or more is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related cyber/cyber security field.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.