US IT POS Release Manager
The US IT POS & Digital Product Management team is looking for a skilled project manager to assume responsibility for POS release management. McDonald’s goal is to be a modern, forward-thinking burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend McDonald’s has launched a global digital commerce platform that will enable us to grow sales, guest counts, and communicate more significantly and personally with our customers. Meanwhile, the POS remains the critical in-restaurant system for interaction with crew and customers, driving transactions and operations on a real-time basis.
· Bachelor's Degree in IT or business with related experience.
· 2+ years Project Manager experience.
· 8+ years professional work experience.
· McDonald's business experience / restaurant experience.
· Mobile or digital experience.
· Knowledge of McDonald's POS, cashless, back office, and other restaurant technologies.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
· Customer service focus and appreciation for 24x7 business cycle.
· Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships.
· Ability to assemble and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of the organization
· Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully.
· Desire and ability to understand and lead complex technology solutions
· Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and customer-focused with a strong attention to detail.
· Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization – up, down, and across.
· Ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
· Proven technical acumen.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From aggressive recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
As McDonald’s continues to innovate and disrupt the restaurant industry, we are looking to recruit into the role of Director, Digital Supply Chain Technology. You will lead a Supply Chain technology team and partner with our Supply Chain leaders and suppliers to design, implement, maintain and innovate within our broader Supply Chain technology solutions team globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position creates and maintains the POS release plan, leads multiple cross functional projects within scope, schedule, and cost from conception to implementation, and partners with multiple business partners, vendors, and internal team members.
· Participates in creating the project charter, the schedule, the achievements, the scope, and resource requirements.
· Collaborate, provide feedback, and partner with vendors and business partners for data application releases and deployment.
· Ensure the Project Team achieves achievements within scope, schedule, and cost.
· Drive issue resolution through issue and risk tracking and facilitating issue closure. Advance issues appropriately.
· Adhere to the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
· Provide guidance, direction, management of resources, including prioritizing work and developing team members.
· Follow the rules of engagement for the project, e.g. standards, executive sponsorship/governance, team guidelines, critical issues, etc.
· Assist with budget management, including re-forecasting.
· Measure project performance against pre-defined metrics and baselines and take action to control the project to the baselines
· Communicate/report to partners project status on a regular basis
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, planning complex projects, effective organizational skills, and communication expertise complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's business.