Utility Customer Operations Senior Manager at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a specialty in Utility Customer Programs, Operations, and Systems (CIS, etc.), to join our Energy and Utilities Practice. Our work in this area cuts across strategic analysis, program assessment and design, and rollout and implementation services for our utility clients as they look to meet the evolving needs of their customers. As customer, stakeholder, regulatory, and policy-level expectations continue to expand and evolve, we are working with our clients to take advantage of this opportunity to improve the experiences of their customers and their customer-facing employees.
- Experience in strategy development and program design and execution for utility customer demand side management programs, energy efficiency, and other technology-enabled programs focused on increased customer engagement
- Experience planning for CIS deployments including requirement development, business case analysis, schedule development and organizational design
- Experience and understanding of downstream rate impact and utility financial performance and management resulting from new and emerging customer programs
- Experience deploying CIS and/or other customer facing technologies and associated system integrations for utilities, specifically serving in business integration, Program management, QA, or architecture roles
- Experience and familiarity with utility Customer Operations systems, processes, programs, and tools
- Expertise in smart grid initiatives and their interdependency on customer programs and technologies is a plus.
Experience and familiarity with CIS advanced application data and process needs is a plus
- Manage and/or participate in teams, including client representation, customer facing employees, regulatory / rate / policy team members, engineers solution implementers, systems integration technicians, and business consultants.
- Work with customers on-site to discover and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements for Customer Programs and Tools.Lead vendor and partner selections, business case development, deployment management, training and change management, strategic analysis and carry projects through from strategy to turn up, testing, training and turnover.
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership and methodologies to support West Monroe’s consulting practices.
- Be able to contribute to the developing and growing West Monroe’s E&U practice
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
- Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
- 6-15 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience within the Energy & Utilities industry
- Previous Consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise Customer Program Design and Implementation
- Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
- Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.