West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for a Senior Manager, with a specialty in Telecommunications, to join our Energy and Utilities Practice in our Chicago office.
Our work entails strategy, planning, technology selection, deployment and integration of solutions for all wired and wireless Field Area Networks (FANs) carrying applications like Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Supervisory Control and Data Access (SCADA), Security, Distribution Automation (DA), Substation Automation (SA), Corporate WAN, and more. Beyond technology, the team focuses on people and process issues required to make these modernization efforts successful through business process redesign, training, organizational change management, and managed service solutions.
What will you be doing?
- Experience and familiarity with wired and wireless telecommunication solutions, preferably in a utility environment.
- Expertise in smart grid initiatives and their interdependency on the complex interaction of available and emerging automation, communications, and metering technologies is a plus.
- Ability to create financial models and develop risk mitigation approaches and strategies to help them manage investment risk and promote strategies to justify grid modernization investments and solutions.
- Manage and/or participate in teams, including client representation, network engineers, software/solution implementers, systems integration technicians, and business consultants.
- Work with customers on-site to discover and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements for advanced telecommunications networks.
- Lead vendor selections, business case development, deployment management, training and change management, strategic analysis and carry projects through from strategy to turn up, testing, training and turnover.
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership and methodologies to support West Monroe’s consulting practices.
- Be able to contribute to the developing and growing WMP's Chicago office from a business development, Energy and Utilities practice and culture perspective.
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
- Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
- Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 75%
- 12-20 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience within the Energy & Utilities industry
- Demonstrated expertise within Business Process Optimization (BPO) and Organizational Change Management (OCM) functional areas
- Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
- Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your consulting muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you. Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.