UX Lead - Internal Operations at John Deere (Chicago, IL or Remote)
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Chicago
Function: User Experience (CA)
Title: UX Lead - Internal Operations - 90652
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
Visa Sponsorship Is Not Available!
As a User Experience Lead for John Deere located in either Chicago, Des Moines, Champaign, or Moline, you will be an unbiased strategic partner to product and engineering leaders to drive customer-centric priorities and cohesive end-to-end digital experiences across product families. You will be responsible for translating user research insights into functional requirements and experience design concepts. As a UX Lead you will be multi-disciplined.
- Define and execute research plans, leveraging methodologies such as contextual interviews, journey mapping, usability testing, and personas
- Build strong strategic relationships with group product managers, group engineering managers, product managers & owners, and product UX practitioners to drive cohesive experiences across product families
- Translate research insights into functional needs and experience recommendations to accelerate discussions and decisions early in the product development process
- Conduct design thinking workshops with a wide range of stakeholders to creatively address complex processes, applications, impediments, and user journeys spanning multiple products
- Validate and design experience concepts that are aligned with standard user experience frameworks (such as John Deere UX Fuel Design System) to ensure quality and consistency
- Champion UX education, up-skilling, and customer-centric mindset transformation across the entire strategic business areas of responsibility
What Skills You Need
- 10+ years of UX Research experience within information technology with the following:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead design discussions, workshops, and research
- A portfolio highlighting strong design experience in modern and intuitive digital interfaces
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research expertise
- Proficient with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invisionapp, Mural, etc.
- Proven ability to influence without authority and working with a variety of leadership levels
- Experience incorporating branding and common design system components and guidelines into product experiences
What Makes You Stand Out
- Previous UX Leadership/Management experience
- Software development practitioner experience
- Business process acumen in one or more of the following: Retail Channel Management, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Order Fulfillment, Manufacturing, Product Development.
- Experience with Deere internal and external operations environment driving a cohesive end-to-end digital experience across Deere's core processes
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Graphic Arts, Digital Design, Industrial Design, Marketing, Human Factors, or equivalent
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.