Verticals Manager at SpotHero
SpotHero is seeking an individual with general manager-type qualities to own the P&L and drive revenue growth for two of our vertical businesses. Our verticals currently consist of Airport, Events, Monthly, and SpotHero for Business and represent areas of focus for growth for SpotHero. The right candidate will combine analytical horsepower and operational-mindedness to determine appropriate growth levers, shape a cross-functional roadmap, and drive daily operational improvement. Roadmap ownership will entail influencing and managing efforts across the Sales, Marketing, Product and Business Development functions at SpotHero. The role will report to our SVP, New & Emerging Business Lines and join a growing Vertical Manager team
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
Strategy & Operations
- Conducting ongoing analysis to identify opportunities to improve both vertical-specific operations & strategic direction.
- Developing the case for vertical-specific investment, including as part of annual business planning process.
- Executing regular experiments to improve operations and playbooking / scaling as appropriate.
- Owning the x-functional vertical roadmap & managing peers (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Product, etc) toward execution of associated projects.
- Leading x-functional meetings with focus on providing context needed to effectively execute projects, while building team spirit / momentum.
- Owning reporting to the company & serving as single source of truth for vertical specific activity.
- Developing dashboards and reviewing daily vertical performance to get ahead of issues & inform daily activities (i.e. get the most out of each & every day!).
- Providing leverage to x-functional team members, by taking daily execution activities off their plate where appropriate.
- Acting as point person for bug resolution impacting vertical performance.
Who you are:
- Acts like an owner. Treats the vertical as their own business and is excited by the prospect of being on the hook for daily performance and overall P&L results.
- Execution oriented. Eager to roll up sleeves and get into the details, with a view to influencing daily activities and operations of the company.
- Experimentation focused. Acts as a tinkerer, designing pilots and tests that can drive step-change process innovation and operational improvement.
- Analytically driven. Takes a data driven approach to decision making and is versed in building business cases to justify investment & process change.
- Able to influence. Skilled in working through others to get things done, fostering strong relationships with x-functional peers
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical or operational field (e.g. management consulting, operational role in a mobility startup, etc).
- Project management expertise with ability to lead x-functional teams.
- Born entrepreneur with the ability to identify ideas, substantiate with data and test / launch with minimal resources.
- Business, engineering, economics, and other technical education backgrounds preferred.
- Experience with BI tools (Looker) and CRM (Salesforce) preferred.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health & safety is number one. Employees will be able to work in a remote capacity through 2021. We will continue to evaluate this fluid situation and adjust our plans as necessary.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.