Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Vice President of Infrastructure Products is responsible for the development and execution of the infrastructure strategy, process, methodology, and long-term initiatives utilized by Discover's Business Technology teams to build innovative solutions that meet customer needs. This leader will collaborate effectively with technology leadership and drive a customer focused operating model. The successful individual will leverage technology trends that can create business value, identify opportunities for automation and service quality improvement in addition to building and maintaining a highly effective Product Leadership team to foster a culture of innovation and curiosity.
- Accountable for delivering on the Infrastructure product vision and roadmap in line with the Technology Strategy.
- Create maximum value and high quality delivery of Infrastructure core and foundational products in addition to consistent delivery.
- Frequently interface with stakeholders to understand near and long term needs and identify opportunities for initiatives to drive value and efficiency.
- Establishes and tracks to appropriate metrics & KPIs to measure delivery performance and quality.
- Identifies opportunities to increase utilization and adoption of products and features and work with Product Area Directors to implement adoption and advocacy plans.
- Ensures consistency of product management and agile methodology, sharing common practices and challenges across all Product Teams.
- Manages the Infrastructure product budget/financials.
- Ensures consistent feedback mechanisms are in place to measure consumer satisfaction and capture potential new requirements/enhancement opportunities.
- Provides technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product
- Managers, Solution Engineers and Technical Architects.
- Represents Discover at technical meetups, external conferences and mentor junior engineers and architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading application development, computer systems, infrastructure, technology.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.