Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking an MD Oncologist to join our Medical Affairs team as the key liaison for payor relations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Payor Relations team, this person would lead all medical efforts regarding reimbursement, such as
- Helping payors understand the growing role of the Tempus portfolio of products in patient care
- Helping payors establish reasonable use guidelines for the Tempus portfolio of products
- Attending frequent meetings with payors to accomplish these goals
- Attending relevant conferences with impact on reimbursement and, when appropriate, speaking and delivering Tempus-sponsored research results
- This person would be the medical face of the company internally regarding
- Updating the company as to payor policies from a medical point of view
- Helping internally to craft strategies regarding approaches to payors to maximize the utilization and reimbursement of Tempus products
- Working with product developers to help future reimbursement of products under development
- MD degree with Board Certification in Medical Oncology
- Previous experience dealing with payors representing either a Pharma or Medical Device company
- Good working knowledge of broad-panel DNA sequencing, capabilities and uses
Nice to haves
- Private practice experience
- Academic experience with a portfolio of publications
This person would report to the Chief Medical Officer of the company
This position can be remote. Expected travel: 50%