Vice President, Trading Operations
At TopstepTrader, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
In the almost seven years since our inception, we've funded thousands of traders across the globe, including almost 1,100 futures and forex traders in 2018 alone. Funding traders is what we do! As we continue to grow and expand to new asset classes, we need a senior leader to create a strategic approach to risk management across a global base of funded traders, and that’s why we’re hiring a Vice President of Trading Operations.
While experience in the trading industry will certainly be helpful, it’s not a must. Our traders are empowered to trade the strategy that works for them, so this position won’t be managing a desk of traders or implementing a profitable trading strategy. Instead, we’re looking for a proven leader, strategizer, and collaborator who can build a roadmap for how we will achieve our lofty goals and create a scalable, trader-focused experience. Our vision is to be where the world goes to safely engage in and profit from financial markets, and we’re excited for this person to help us get there.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience owning a business line within a fast-paced, high-achieving company and will be eager to apply those experiences at TopstepTrader.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on.
- The role is a great fit for a proven leader who is looking for the opportunity to develop and execute on a strategic plan to grow and continuously improve the funded trader side of our business.
- The VP of Trading Operations will work closely with our Risk Management Team to learn the current operations, and then recommend process and technology improvements to drive profits.
- Continually work to provide our funded traders an excellent experience, keeping up to date with modern tools and best practices.
- Oversee department P&L and work to increase the upside and reduce risk.
- Identify and manage new business and partnership opportunities that enhance our funded traders’ experience.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure our funded trader business can scale in parallel with all other departments.
- Lead and manage team members according to our company values. This includes monthly one-on-one meetings, professional development goals, and overall quality performance toward achieving business goals, as well as planning for and assisting in future hiring needs.
- Users are the center of our work and as this is a new role, it will be yours to craft an approach that ensures the best possible experience, so that traders are our best source for referrals.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 15 years of experience operating a business unit, with P&L responsibility. We’re looking for an execution-oriented leader with extensive experience converting ambitious strategic goals into impressive results. You’ll also be responsible for setting and adhering to a budget and monitoring the “ins” and “outs” of our funded trader business
- Experience identifying, initiating, and strengthening partnerships. Our relationships with brokerage firms, clearing firms, data feed providers, trading companies, and technology partners are crucial to the long-term success of TopstepTrader
- Must be business-minded with strategic thinking abilities to ensure profitability of the business unit and be able to cite previous successes
- Proven success building flexible, scalable, systems and processes to support growth across the company
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment is necessary to expertly navigate the trading industry across asset classes. You don’t need to be a former trader, but comparable experience will set you up for success
- Passion for user experience and knowledge about how to create and consistently improve it, using quantitative and qualitative data. Our users are the center of our work and we care about their experience in all situations and decisions
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. We rely on our team members to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish the short/long-term goals of the department and company
- A creative thinker with a growth mindset and beginner approach who thrives on solving hard problems
- Forward thinking, be able to anticipate, identify, and remove sources of friction while also empowering your team during this high-growth period
- Previous experience managing a small team; we believe in the well-being of our team, so capable leaders are essential
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp-up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.