Video Systems Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers with a growing market in Video Surveillance.
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted adviser relationship with every customer.
Motorola has grown as a video integration company, deploying large scale public safety surveillance systems for state, local, and federal government agencies. Motorola’s acquisition of Avigilon has emphasized the focus of video surveillance and the need for a growing video integration across the country, including the city of Cleveland.
The T5N territory team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
The Video Systems Engineer will responsible for designing and implementing complex video surveillance solutions including, Video Management Systems, PSIMs, IP Surveillance Cameras, IP networks, Servers, Access Control, Client Workstations, Storage(NVR, NAS, SAN, Edge), Hardwired and Fiber Communication Systems, and RF wireless communications(Point to Point Microwave, Point to Multipoint, and Mesh topologies).
- Working with Pre-Sales Engineers, Operations and Project Managers, to complete site walks to determine specific client needs and scope. This position has an emphasis on Post-Sale deployment, integration, and optimization.
- Develop and maintain engineering designs, diagrams, and bill of materials.
- Provide technical support and advice to PM and Installation teams.
- Create project specific install plans, scope documents, and test plans
- Configure, integrate, and troubleshoot equipment as required; provides support and assistance to third parties for sub-contracted activities.
- Assist with proposal generation.
- Accurately estimate project engineering time effort.
- Act as external liaison for customers’ general contractors, subcontractors and trades people as needed during the implementation and support phases.
- Provide customer and peer training
- Delivering professional presentations.
- Working knowledge or certification for one or more top VMS (Video Management System) applications in the market Milestone (Cleveland), Avigilon ACC, Genetec Security Center, OnSSI, Exacq, Verint etc.
- Experience deploying outdoor Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point wireless solutions (Cambium, Radwin, Ubiquiti, Aviat, Fluidmesh).
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Working knowledge or certification from one or more cameras manufactures Avigilon, Axis, Sony, Pelco, Hanwha, or Panasonic etc.
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS).
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non technical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment.
- BSEE/BSCE preferred.
- Certifications through Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1 or similar.
- Troubleshoot/monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues.
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVP-TE, and LDP).
- Experience/knowledge in RF System Design (line of sight microwave propagation).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of Video System Integration, Network Engineering, System Engineering or Wireless Communications Experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.