VP of Cloud Modernization at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business. We’re headquartered in Chicago and have delivery offices in New York, London, and Buenos Aires.
We are looking for a leader that is technology-driven and people-oriented to join Kin + Carta as Vice President of our Cloud Modernization Network. In this role, you’ll lead, manage, and grow Kin + Carta’s modernization consulting business, forge relationships with clients and strategic partners, and provide technical thought leadership out to the market. You have an opportunity to make a big impact on Kin + Carta and your career.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead Kin + Carta’s modernization go-to-market strategy; maintain existing and develop new consulting offerings around modern application development, application transformation and rationalization, cloud modernization, DevOps, and other related offerings with a focus on business ROI and outcomes
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders at Kin + Carta’s strategic partners (i.e. Google Cloud, VMware, Microsoft) and regularly collaborate with Kin + Carta’s partnership team to drive joint business opportunities
- Support pre-sales efforts by providing guidance on proposals; lending executive presence during pitches; and building relationships with executive client stakeholders
- Develop and share Kin + Carta’s point-of-view on cloud modernization and offerings by examining market trends and keeping a pulse on rapidly evolving cloud modernization landscape
- Collaborate with consulting services leadership, working together to ensure the organization is ahead and has the necessary talent to meet client demands and partnership requirements
- Partner with the marketing and sales team to identify speaking engagements or opportunities to host events to generate new business and elevate Kin + Carta’s brand and capabilities
- Lead, coach and mentor a team focused on achieving go-to-market KPI targets to grow the modernization business while providing career growth and management for that team
- 10+ years of experience in a technology leadership role and 2+ years experience in a pre-sales/ business development role
- Strong executive-level communication skills demonstrated through external content creation sharing such as blogs, podcasts, speaking engagements or other mediums
- A proven charismatic and enthusiastic personality able to adapt to change and the ability to influence executive decision making
- Experience leading or assisting a go-to-market function showing sound decision making in order to achieve revenue targets and growth.
- A background in enterprise application development, enterprise architecture and/or technical product development
- Well-versed with cloud computing technologies, tools and architecture (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware) and ISVs (i.e. Confluent, Elastic, MuleSoft, etc.)
- Well-versed in modern cloud-native/distributed design patterns including circuit breaker, CQRS, CDC, event streaming, event-sourcing, etc.
- Exposure to one or more certified Kubernetes distributions (Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, GKE/Anthos, VMware Tanzu, etc)
- Deep exposure to open source technologies and communities, namely Java/Spring
- Building relationships comes naturally
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.