VP, Head of Operations at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What makes this role rewarding?
You will be responsible forsetting the strategic direction and management of Banking Operations, Member Contact Center, Quality Assurance, Operational Partners/Vendors, Member Support and Digital Care. Working with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent is responsible for defining strategy, setting goals, and identifying solutions to achieve productivity and performance objectives.
Work involves strategy design and implementation in order to meet sales and service objectives, while creating a strong member advocacy experience. The Vice President, Operations oversees multiple member channels including phone, email, chat, SMS/messaging, social care, and IVR. Resources to do the job require sound and proven leadership ability, effective written and verbal communication skills, strong and proven analytical ability, advanced systems skills, strong relationship skills, demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization, and effective and consistent management capability. General Direction is received from the Senior Vice President, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Design and implement strategies that set direction, expectation, and programs to increase share of wallet, membership, and overall balances among existing membership
- Design and implement strategies to create and continually evolve an engaging and intuitive self-service support model
- Responsible for the development of the strategic business plans, budgets, and successful execution of plans
- Oversee strategy development for the Banking Operations, Member Contact Center, Digital Care, and Quality Assurance functions
- Ensure standards, expectations, programs, and processes drive high advocacy ratings from membership and internal stakeholders
- Act as the key driver of advocacy across the organization including development of practices, policies, and reporting relating to fostering support, service level agreements, and related elements
- Promote visibility of sales and service teams throughout the organization, communicating team accomplishments and new business updates on a regular basis
- Contribute to division and enterprise level projects and initiatives as needed via thought leadership, expert opinion, and creative solution design
- Responsible for reducing potential risks to Alliant and its members, ensure all team members adhere to efficient and effective risk and compliance practices
- Stay abreast of changing legislation and regulatory climate and recommend changes to procedures as appropriate
- Manage and collaborate effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; deliver on strategy through the right people in the right place at the right time
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Provide business vision by creating imagery and transparency in the possibilities, opportunities and direction of the future
- Continual assessment, discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization / optimization of subordinate leaders of others
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion of Employee / Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through strong leadership
- Demonstrated courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected
- Apply strong management practices in leading an engaged workforce
- Provide an integrated approach to employee growth and development by ensuring that individual development plans are in place and actively worked; deliver meaningful and dynamic coaching and feedback on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrate strong people leadership and focus on performance through a member centric mindset
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; comply with privacy act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field required, MBA preferred, and you have:
- 15 + years’ experience in operations or sales, preferably in Financial services
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated and able to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels of the organization
- Experience leading large teams
- Strong communication, leadership, strategic thinking, and business development capabilities
- Must have strong line-of-business management skills including planning, budgeting, and goal setting
- Strong awareness of competitive, economic, technical, and regulatory environment of federally insured depository institutions
- Strong analytical problem solving and project management skills
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Casual dress code
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- On-site massages and contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off