VP, Marketplace Loyalty
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is building the next generation engagement program in a highly innovative and competitive market. As the leading dining marketplace, the Perks program is a key program that we will extend to create a key differentiator for diners and restaurants.
- Responsible for driving incremental sales and customer retention through loyalty program incentives and functionality to Grubhub as well as our independent and enterprise restaurant partners via the Grubhub marketplace.
- Innovate the Grubhub Perks program as the umbrella loyalty program that houses the restaurant promotions and loyalty programs that utilizes modern gaming and loyalty mechanics (energy depletion, bounceback, sweepstakes style, contest, spin2win, etc.) to create a delightful experience.
- Utilize existing and create innovative restaurant program offerings that are flexible and easily comprehensible by the consumer that will fit under the Perks umbrella.
- Define further product requirements to fulfill the loyalty promise for Grubhub Perks, the restaurant loyalty programs, and promotions.
- Drive the supply of promotions across all markets for consumers to see Perks as a valuable and core part of their Grubhub (food delivery) experience and that there is never an “empty room” (no promotions) problem.
- Balance the economy and profitability of the program including defining Grubhub supplements to the base supply as well as a Grubhub level rewards structure.
- Develop key metrics for success and measure on an ongoing basis.
- Integrate loyalty into marketing CRM and other marketing programs.
- Work highly cross functionally with Independent/SMB Restaurants, Enterprise Restaurants, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to accomplish the goals since this is a highly interdependent program.
You Should Have
- 10+ years in loyalty and/or gaming
- 10+ years product management, product marketing and/or CRM marketing
- GM and product management experience in operational and development roles
- Deep understanding of traditional loyalty CRM tactics, but more importantly, innovative approaches to gamification that can be applied in a loyalty context
- Fluency in all modern communication tools including Slack, G Suite, BlueJeans, and Google Hangouts
- Comfortable with a highly distributed team and communicating through phone, video, and text
- People management and managing through influence
- Ability to work in the details as well as operate with executives
- Highly open and collaborative
- Vision-oriented person who is able to execute in a whitespace area
- Excited by creating a new paradigm for loyalty and making it successful
- Conviction oriented and able to persuade others through methodical key points
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.