Weekend Customer Service Representative I - Dispatch
SMS Assist Summary
SMS Assist serves more than 186,000 commercial and residential properties nationwide. We connect property owners in industries like retail and restaurant with a dense Affiliate network that specializes in more than 45 trades like landscaping, plumbing, HVAC, and more. Our Customer Service organization leverages our proprietary One by SMS Assist cloud platform to process thousands of work orders on a daily basis.
Every day we strive to provide the best service to our customers through an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for service, teamwork, and integrity. We offer a game room, fitness center, bike garage, SMS Serves philanthropy program, company events, a fun location along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, and more. SMS Assist is a Moxie Awards winner, Chicago Innovation Awards winner, a Top 100 Digital Company in Chicago and has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for all four years of its existence! The list ranks the top 100 private cloud companies across four factors: market leadership, estimated valuation, operating metrics, and culture.
The Customer Service Representative on the weekend team acts as a liaison between our clients and our network of vendors by managing all our clients’ repair and maintenance needs within our technology platform, One by SMS Assist.
The Residential Weekend Team matches maintenance service requests and work orders with the most appropriate vendor to complete repairs and maintenance for our clients’ rental properties. The goal of the team is to dispatch the work orders in a fast, efficient and accurate manner, while keeping all of our stakeholders – client, resident, vendor, internal SMS team – updated on the status of the work order.
This role is responsible for dispatching maintenance service requests to the appropriate vendors to complete the work, communicating on the phone and electronically with clients and vendors to provide updates and ensure all maintenance services are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate with vendors, clients and residents to efficiently assign work to appropriate vendor
- Develops a familiarity and rapport with vendors in region assigned to get work assigned and accepted by the appropriate vendor within our response time limits
- Follows business rules to identify and prioritize work to be addressed in order of priority, follow process of dispatching such work
- Develops and maintains positive client relations required to ensure superior client satisfaction
- Receives and handles customer calls and email providing direction on work orders
- Manages real-time inquires while keeping track of and responding to commitments
- Maintains open communication with affiliates in a manner that adheres to all contracts and agreed upon Scope of Work throughout the duration of the relationship
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Enters information into our database and ensures consistency and accuracy
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication, relationship development, customer service, etc.
- Shift flexibility may be required
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service - PROFICIENT
- Verbal Communication - PROFICIENT
- Written Communication - PROFICIENT
- Teamwork – PROFICIENT
- Relationships – PROFICIENT
- Organizational Awareness - PROFICIENT
- Learning Agility - PROFICIENT
- Problem Solving – PROFICIENT
- Process Orientation – PROFICIENT
- Prioritization - PROFICIENT
Role Specific Skills
- Basic understanding of common single-family home maintenance areas and systems (appliances, HVAC, etc.)Computer Skills: proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook preferred
- Some maintenance or property management knowledge preferred
People Management Skills
- Ability to manage third party vendors to get work completed
- Ability to troubleshoot emergency situations with clients while representing SMS with top quality customer service
- Education Level – Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred, some progress toward a degree or several years of success in professional environment
- Previous experience in property maintenance or management, customer service environment preferred