Windows Systems Engineer
GoHealth is seeking a talented Windows Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the configuration and support of our corporate server infrastructure and desktop computing environments. In this role you will serve as a member of the IT/Operations group providing maintenance and top-notch contributions to our existing code-base. This position will require an intimate knowledge of all things PowerShell. Automation, CI/CD pipelines, planning for future expansion of our infrastructure, and expressing your inner creativity and problem solving will all be a part of your integral role!
- Assist in the planning, installation, support, and configuration of Microsoft server services
- Maintaining and bolstering our code-base and CI/CD pipeline
- Configure and utilize host/service monitors that will be leveraged to respond to alerts and ensure that our SLA's are being met
- Work with a team providing capacity planning and make recommendations on new equipment and services
- Actively monitor the issue tracking system and address/resolve outstanding issues
- Assist the IT team with improvements to enhance functionality and service to users
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues
- Updating documentation as required
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and an intuitive sense for how to prioritize them
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Windows Server administration and infrastructure experience
- Strong working knowledge of writing and modifying PowerShell scripts for automating routine tasks, and tooling.
- Intimate knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 (Server Core and Full-GUI)
- Experience with a distributed VCS system (Git preferred) and at least one code repo (i.e Bitbucket, GitHub, or GitLab)
- Basic knowledge of SOAP/REST APIs.
- Knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with open source PowerShell modules (i.e Pester, Plaster, platyPS, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to document work associated with troubleshooting
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer