Workplace Manager at Flexport
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Manager for our growing team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!What you’ll do:
- Manage offices and/or warehouses as they come online in your territory.
- Manage Workplace Associates in your office(s)
- Partner with the Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace on new office location set up and opening
- Communicate with building management assuring the office operates within building rules and regulations.
- Manage space planning efforts and all internal office moves.
- Support strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
- Manage all vendors across facilities and office-related functions.
- Help maintain the appearance of the office conference rooms, kitchens, and common areas.
- Keep the office in compliance with monthly audits and holding the team accountable to a high standard of security for employee safety.
- Ability to oversee and manage to an assigned budget
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk implementing cross-functional projects
- Admin support and additional projects as needed
- Work to implement strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
- A BS/BA degree and/or comparable experience required.
- 3+ years of managerial experience in workplace ideally in a high-growth environment
- Experience in setting up new offices is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to lead and build trusting, collaborative relationships within the team
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured and organized approach towards your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly, and welcoming behavior
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.