Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
The Product Designer is a key partner and collaborator with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional teams to provide the best possible ideas and solutions at every stage of the product design lifecycle. This role will plan and oversee product vision from a high level as well as execute designs at a detailed level for our suite of web and mobile products. In doing so, the product designer will act as a voice of the customer, the voice of good design and user experience, and a key partner to our Product and Engineering teams.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead the experience design and be able to communicate validated concepts to product owners, engineers, leadership, and customers.
- Use mixed usability testing methods to gather qualitative and quantitative data, translate that data into feature enhancements or new products.
- Have a holistic understanding of product design including visual design, experience design, and business acumen.
- Ability to actively and constantly collaborate, turning ideas into meaningful and impactful experiences
- Ability have a holistic view, understanding, and strong consideration of design and user experience, including layout, typography, color theory, visual hierarchy, and working knowledge of Sketch or Adobe CC
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders and promote product design within the organization
- Ability to deliver on short-term needs that fit into long-term vision, including creating sketches and user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished, production-ready user interface and visual designs
What We're Looking For
- Experience designing digital products on a variety of platforms, including web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Strong understanding and consideration for user experience Working knowledge of Sketch for OS X, Adobe CC
- Ability to create polished, production-ready UI designs
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders of all levels within an organization
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, visual design assets, and interactive prototypes/high fidelity mockups
- Understanding of overall customer needs and ability have a holistic view of design and user experience; ability to deliver on short term needs that fit into long term vision
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile methodology
- Experience working with engineers to deploy and iterate on live software or apps.
- Ability to actively and constantly collaborate with other employees including product owners, designers, web and mobile engineers, quality-assurance engineers, leadership, and more
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time