Agile Product Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The PULSE Agile Product Manager team is seeking an expert payment professional with a proven background in Agile and Jira. As an Agile Product Manager, you will be responsible for solving problems and defining value driven agile requirements on our strategic initiatives that introduce new or enhance existing products and services to our customers. You will partner with business and technical leaders to drive a customer centric approach and understand the needs of the market to develop timely and value driven solutions. You will also be a leader for our Jira system by driving success in report automation of team metrics and PI planning to ensure best practices and results, as well as maintaining and updating APMO/PM processes via our playbooks. You will also assess and report on progress of our initiatives to senior leaders to drive awareness and engagement.
Responsible for the strategic development of initiatives. Leads and guides the work of technical staff. Participates in an agile work team. Breaks epics into features and serves as the voice of the product for business and technical delivery. Plans, sizes, assess impacts, monitors progress, and reports on work initiatives.
- Develops and maintains features from prioritized epics in collaboration with solutions architects and product owners. Ensures each feature is aligned with product vision, has adequate acceptance criteria, and meets the definition of ready when delivered.
- Makes critical decisions regarding functionality and priority of work efforts. Provides product and technical guidance to product owners in order to drive results and signs off to accept each feature.
- Solves problems critical to the success of project initiatives. Works with teams to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Participates in planning events, system demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt workshops, and other ceremonies.
- Develops and maintains project plans to drive results on new project initiatives. Ensures tasks, deliverables, and schedule commitments are met. Provides effective reporting of milestone completions.
- Approximately 60% of the role will be spent as an AGILE Product Manager; 40% will be spent supporting team reporting automation and process improvement
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience as Product Manager, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, or Project Management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience as Product Manager, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, Project Management, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering, Social Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience as Product Manager, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, or Project Management, or related experience
- 4+ years of experience in Payments Industry, or related experience
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework): Product Manager/Product Owner (PM/PO), or related certification
- Experience with using the Jira tool to monitor and track work items, as well as creating reporting/dashboards
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner operating on a Scrum Team
- Payment services knowledge/experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.