Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a Technical Product Manager (TPM) to lead our API Engineering and Machine Learning Operations Pod. The API Engineering and Machine Learning Operations Pod provides capabilities that span across our business, from prospect engagement to servicing and will provide the TPM the opportunity to get exposure to all of the key areas of the Avant business. This role will be working on initiatives ranging from monitoring our production experience for customers to ensure they have an excellent experience to delivering new features that support high impact roadmap initiatives.
The TPM team’s charter is to help bring the business vision and strategy to life. As a TPM you will be focused on solutioning business needs and leading delivery with our development partners.
What you do at Avant:
- Serve as the TPM lead for our API Engineering and Machine Learning Operations Pod (examples include requirements gathering from key stakeholders, collaborating with our partner on solutioning and delivery)
- Oversee prioritization of product backlog, working with all departments to ensure alignment and timely/successful delivery
- Oversee the management of capabilities in production including both maintenance and iteration leveraging customer feedback and data to inform your backlog
- Collaborate closely with the executive stakeholders for each department to understand their short and long term business needs and apply to your roadmap
- Manage the platform product intake including both production issues and new feature development
- Identify and implement areas for improvement for product development processes (examples include intake, issue management, requirements gathering)
- Demonstrate high empathy for our customers and incorporate their needs into your roadmap
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BS/BA degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product, project or program management roles
- Previous experience managing technology partners is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated experience in taking high level business requirements and being able to create a delivery plan, execute on that plan and learning from iterating on the plan to achieve the desired outcomes
- High customer empathy
- Agile development in a production environment at a startup or tech organization
- Experience collaborating with engineers to understand the technical scope of products and features
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders across the organization, with an eye towards building cross-functional collaboration and support
- Strong attention to detail and quality striving
- Desire to improve processes to enable teams to scale
- You are excited about building the business of Avant as a cohesive whole, not just building features or products in isolation
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get sh!t done!"
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.