Arity - Group / Sr. Product Manager
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Product Management team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing and revolutionary Arity product portfolio. This job is responsible for making sure that we are building the right digital products and then defining the KPIs that act as leading indicators for success. They collaboratively work with Product Teams to deliver digital products.
The Group Product Manager – Arity Platform is responsible for a team of product managers that define, deliver, and manage the lifecycle of multiple products or capabilities in the Arity Platform. Group Product Managers do this by managing the strategic product portfolio vision and providing portfolio oversight related to execution to ensure that our platform teams are building the right solution(s), that everything comes together "just right" and that we are on track to achieve organizational objectives. They also accomplish this by actively coaching and mentoring product managers to ensure that they are thinking critically, gaining empathy for their users and growing in their roles. Because of this senior responsibility, Group Product Managers must be excellent coaches; proficient at orchestrating efforts across a portfolio; and experts at breaking down problems, identifying assumptions, and executing product discovery techniques.
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in the Arity Platform product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, market analysis, and data driven decision making to define and execute product strategy.
- Engage in hypothesis generation and discovery/test & learn activities to validate assumptions and determine product investments.
- Invest significant time in coaching product managers, testing critical thinking skills and helping them to grow in their craft (this includes performance management).
- Use metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Easily manage product backlogs, create effective user stories and provide timely stakeholder updates on development iterations.
- Champion iterative development and the successful execution of agile rituals to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to develop and execute internal and external communications related to your product and/or portfolio.
- 8+ years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with experience shipping modern software, preferably in a SaaS, IoT, Analytics, Advertising or Mobility company
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Experience working with products that included large datasets, data streams and/or real time location data preferred
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment (we use Agile XP)
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and address with innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a broad range of stakeholders
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in engineering, science, or business, with related work experience developing modern software platforms
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment