Associate Data Product Manager, Product Intelligence at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
The Associate Data Product Manager is a key part of the SPINS Product Intelligence team and will have the opportunity to shape health & wellness solutions through the research and development of wellness-focused attributes to add to the world-class Product Intelligence library that fuel SPINS products and programs.
The Associate Data Product Manager principally researches, brainstorms and creates attribute definitions. To fuel the attribute roadmap with new ideas, they will be expected to research the market and new trends, talk to internal and external customers, and translate their findings into new attribute solutions. Because this role is expected to become fluent in nutrition and food/beauty/supplement ingredient-based attributes, the ideal candidate likely has a related degree or relatable work experience in these areas.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management and analytical capabilities as they will be expected to juggle many projects with tight deadlines. They will interact with a variety of cross functional teams including engineers, operations, sales, customer-facing teams, and marketing. This person should be driven, inquisitive and agile with a strong business sense and a passion for health and wellness.
What You Will Do
- Research and identify market needs and opportunities (i.e. future attributes) for the Product Intelligence business.
- Use data and insight gathered from market research and client discussions to recommend and develop attribute requirements.
- Assist and participate in the development of attributes for SPINS products & programs.
- Support the attribute development process from brainstorming/ideation to launch. This includes developing definitions, creating requirements, and at times managing project plans.
- Maintain accuracy of the PI product databases. Build data ingredient classifications and attribute data structure rules to develop new attributes according to industry, regulatory and/or client requirements.
- Support the management of Product Intelligence retail hierarchy structure (category and subcategory) development and changes.
- Support the marketing, commercial and Product Intelligence operations teams through training and subject matter expertise of the Product Intelligence portfolio or offering additional support.
- Occasionally participate in communicating with audiences directly through articles, webinars and customer engagements.
- Foster and maintain relationships with engineering, operations and customer success teams to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed.
- Constantly monitor and incorporate industry trends and innovations in the market
- Ad hoc projects under the direction of managers as assigned
- Handle competing priorities and heavy project workloads; manage difficult feedback
What You Bring
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year degree in business or science-related or similar
- Minimum 1-2 years of product management or similar business experience preferred
- Familiarity in Food, Dietary Supplements, and/or Personal Care product labeling/regulatory knowledge is desired. Exposure in retail or consumer packaged goods natural/organic environment is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhere to deadlines
- Entrepreneurial drive to take ownership for assigned product strategy and execution to achieve growth goals
- A strong business sense – ability to create product strategy from market analysis
- Strong ability to analyze raw volumes of data to perform trend analysis or other insights
When we began working from home in 2020, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.