Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class product organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us!
Avant is looking for an experienced Associate Product Manager, Banking who’s ready to help reimagine the banking experience of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent financial services to customers who typically get left behind by banks. Product Managers at Avant are cross-functional leaders, defining the goals not just for the customer experience and technology, but for our entire business. You’ll collaborate with a team of passionate Engineers, Designers, Operations Managers, and Analysts, as well as many other cross-functional partners. Together, you will improve the customer experience, develop the roadmap, and drive forward the execution of key business initiatives.
What You'll do at Avant:
- Assist in the ideation, development and launch of technology products
- Partner closely with a diverse set of stakeholders across Avant to define and execute on the roadmap
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer to meet and exceed their needs
- Diligently monitor the performance of the product and recommend improvements
- Assist in the delivery of the team’s roadmap and execute in a well-managed and timely manner
- Write and present detailed product requirements documents
- Work with design teams to collaborate on UI wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Be a subject matter expert on competitors, products and industry needs.
- Manage product backlog, working with all departments to ensure that they have what they need to be successful
- Work closely with development teams in an agile environment.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (Business, Finance, Engineering)
- 3+ years of experience working in financial services industry or in a high growth technology company
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong ability to execute
- Experience in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers and data scientists
- Passionate about building an inclusive and transparent financial services experience
- Thrives under pressure and working to aggressive timelines.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.