Associate Product Manager – Data Products at Morningstar
The Role: The Data Products team is looking for an Associate Product Manager to help drive growth of our premier data products -- Morningstar® Essentials™ and Morningstar Reprints/Permissions. This person will be responsible for working with the Director of Product Management to own the end-to-end product experiences. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Work closely with team to help develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to turn this strategy into an achievable roadmap. Work cross-functionally to drive the prioritization and delivery processes and the strategic communications around the roadmaps.
- Partner with leadership team to develop pricing analysis and engage in commercial product and pricing plans.
- Manage and maintain ongoing renewal quote process in Salesforce; work with Sales teams to price renewals and grow ACV
- Act as subject matter expert and client advocate for your products. Champion ongoing bug fixes, product enhancements, development requests, and architecture improvements. Present business cases to gain leadership buy in.
- Own day-to-day operations of Reprints and Permissions. Drive process enhancements to improve delivery.
- Partner with Marketing on GTM planning for new product features and capabilities; developing training, working with sales on client communications, and tracking post rollout engagement
- Organize all Sales and Support materials and wiki pages; work with marketing to update and streamline
- Act as an escalation point for internal client service colleagues when product related issues arise and need to be addressed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree a plus.
- Two to three years of work experience in product management, client service, business analysis, or research.
- Familiarity with Morningstar’s products a plus.
- An understanding of the needs of the product segments and the ability to envision how Morningstar’s research, data, ratings, and content can help service these clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to work across teams and products.