Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The position is for an Associate Product Manager within the new Data and Analytics (DNA) organization at Discover. The candidate will define and support the MarTech and AdTech strategy and roadmap. The candidate will work closely with enterprise stakeholders across Discover to lead strategy and execution on the platform roadmap that enable internal customers to succeed with their marketing & advertising needs and investments. Ideal candidates would demonstrate good understanding of how advertising technology (DMPs, DSPs, SSPs, Ad Exchanges) works to target audiences, activate media and the corresponding measurement.
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and presenting the vision and roadmap for the business's technology initiatives. Creates the product vision based on a thorough understanding of customer and business needs, and is both internally and externally focused. Guides both requirements and the corresponding work needed through grooming and prioritization by taking responsibility for "content decisions" and what gets implemented. Manages timelines and feature delivery and remain flexible as we learn, iterate, and integrate in an effort to deliver functionality on aggressive timelines in a scaled Agile framework.
- Ensures features and technology releases aligned with product vision.
- Develops and communicates the product vision roadmap, adjusting to changing market, customer, and/or organizational needs.
- Builds an effective functional program grooming team (VSA, Shared Services, SMEs).
- Helps break down initiatives into prioritized features, and manages the program pipeline (backlog) of these features for every release and Program Increment (PI).
- Participates in portfolio grooming to understand initiatives and business cases.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Marketing, Psychology, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- Experience in Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Workfront, Decision Science, Digital Analytics, Salesforce, Tag Management System (TMS), Data Management Platform (DMP), Customer Data Platform (CDP), Optimization, Journey Orchestration, Google Analytics, Measurement, Media Mix Modeling, Ad Serving, Marketing Automation, Salesforce, Identity Resolution, ID Graphs and Data Privacy a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.