Associate Product Manager, Research Products at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients.
The Role: The Research Products team is looking for an Associate Product Manager to manage two of our premier research products -- Morningstar® Essentials™ and Morningstar Investment Research Center™. This person will be responsible for working with the Senior Product Manager to own the end-to-end product experiences. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Work closely with Senior Product Manager to develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives, competitive landscape, and resource constraints. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap. Work cross-functionally to drive the prioritization and delivery processes and the strategic communications around the roadmaps.
• Act as subject matter expert and client advocate for your products. Champion ongoing bug fixes, product enhancements, development requests, and architecture improvements for both products. Present business cases to gain leadership buy in.
• Own product requirements and work closely with technical product owner and dependencies to successfully translate business requirements to technical requirements for execution.
• Coordinate with team on rollout of new product features and capabilities; developing training, working with sales on client communications, and tracking post rollout engagement
• Act as liaison across internal dependencies to define and prioritize product enhancements, bug fixes and development requests.
• Act as an escalation point for internal client service colleagues when product related issues arise and need to be addressed.
• A bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree a plus.
• Two to four years of work experience in product management, client service, business analysis, or research.
• Familiarity with Morningstar’s managed products data and manager and markets research a plus.
• An understanding of the needs of the product segments – asset management firms and library clients - and the ability to envision how Morningstar’s research, data, ratings, and content can help service these clients.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to work across teams and products.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity