Associate Product Manager, Retirement and Workplace Solutions at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means building products and solutions that help employers maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans and put individuals on the path to better retirement outcomes. Workplace is a high-growth area for Morningstar that houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base includes retirement plan providers, plan sponsors, plan consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our clients’ problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement.
The Role: Morningstar seeks an Associate Product Manager to work in the Product Management team on Retirement Manager, a web application that helps employees reach their retirement goals by offering advice on how much to save, identifying when to retire, and allocating their retirement account to the appropriate investment options. This position is located in our Chicago office.
- Understand and analyze business requirements and write detailed user stories to explain a change to the product from a user’s perspective.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineering, design, and UI/UX to deliver a best-in-class user experience and drive implementation of new product functionality.
- Work in an agile development framework and assist product managers and team with reprioritization and grooming upcoming sprints.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience; familiarity with Morningstar products and services is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally.
- Technical experience or the willingness to gain technical knowledge to effectively communicate with scrum team engineers.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the Agile development framework, including writing user stories.
- Previous knowledge of the retirement industry would be considered a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Document product capabilities to cover gaps in existing functionality or when new capabilities are being introduced.
- Help support the operational aspects of the product, including client and user support.
- Ramp up to understand basics of retirement advice methodology.