Associate Product Manager at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable for students and increase learning effectiveness through its industry-leading digital platform. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortless distribution of course content and engagement solutions.
Are you someone that has a relentless focus on creating solutions that solve real-world challenges and providing business value? Do you want to be a part of a team that has a keen focus on delighting customers through the elegant products it creates? Are you looking to hone your skillset of embracing a customer-centric mindset, and delivering solutions in a minimum viable / pragmatic delivery approach? If yes to the above, you are a perfect candidate for the product group that drives the strategic roadmap and initiatives of the industry-leading toolset RedShelf has created.
The Associate Product Manager will be paired with a Product Manager and will be mentored in key product management competencies. The Associate Product Manager will support their Product Manager in taking ownership of a variety of tasks related to product strategy, product design, quality assurance, troubleshooting, training, and internal/external communications. In this role, the Associate Product Manager will gain expertise in one or more of Red Shelf’s industry-leading products and build a skillset of lean product management principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aid and own various aspects of the product development lifecycle, including but not limited to, gathering and distilling product feature needs/requirements from customers and key stakeholders into executable tasks, aiding with quality assurance, and formulating detailed go-to-market plans.
- Have an intimate knowledge of the RedShelf products supported and the customers the product-market-fit is focused on.
- Aiding in quantifying the business value (whether customer value, operational value, or strategic value) related to RedShelf’s key business initiatives, and ultimately, the work the technology team will execute on.
- Break down agile epics into user stories, help to prioritize them based off of business value, and work closely with UX and development teams to make these stories come to life.
- Assist with shaping of the customer experience (CX) of new features and functionality of RedShelf’s strategic products and services.
- 3+ years of Project or Product Management experience
- 2+ years of working with consumer-oriented products / services
- Ideal candidates will have experience working within the Higher Ed space with comprehension of LMS, integration methods, and workflows
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of coordinating and using analytical skills to drive data driven decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical related field or equivalent experience
- Comfort or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.