Associate Product Manager
RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Associate Product Manager will be paired with a Product Manager and will be mentored in the product areas owned by the Product Manager. The Associate Product Manager will support the Product Manager in a variety of tasks related to product design, quality assurance, troubleshooting, training, and communications. In this role, the Associate Product Manager will gain expertise in one or more product areas and build a foundation of product management knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a product advocate; promote your product to ensure clients are extracting value from what we are delivering.
- Break down capabilities into user stories, prioritize them, and work closely with UX and development teams to make these stories come to life.
- Perform quality testing and maintain quality assurance processes
- Troubleshoot product issues
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within the assigned product areas.
- Liaise with other business groups including Sales, Marketing, and Software Development to define product requirements.
- Assist with the creation of wireframes that clearly convey product features and functionality to a web designer and contribute to the web/graphics design effort.
- 3+ years of experience working in online product management; creating innovative, customer-facing features or relevant experience.
- Solid SQL skills and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical related field
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.