Associate Product Manager
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, retirement plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the private capital markets. Morningstar provides data and research insights on a wide range of investment offerings, including managed investment products, publicly listed companies, private capital markets, and real-time global market data.
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to support our Institutional Equity Research business. Our global equity research team of 100+ analysts provides fundamental valuations, ratings and analysis on more than 1,500 companies, using a consistent and proprietary approach to analyzing companies by focusing on their long term sustainable competitive advantages. In addition to company reports that provide an extensive analysis of business strategy, economic moat drivers, scenario analysis, and stewardship, subscribers to Morningstar’s institutional equity research are able to explore actionable investment ideas across multiple content categories.
The Product Manager will help our clients maximize the value of their institutional equity research subscription. This individual will help facilitate interactions between our clients and our analyst team. The role will be focused on partnering with our sales team to develop account-based plans to increase analyst engagements and drive revenue. Impact measured from the role will include increasing average account value from subscription accounts, increasing share of wallet and share of votes within our client base, as well as supporting analysts with their target KPIs.
The Product Manager will report to the Director of Marketing for Equity Research and work closely with Morningstar equity research analysts as well as sales and marketing teams across Morningstar and PitchBook, and is based in Chicago.
- Partner with sales team to increase share of research vote/wallet within existing accounts
- Monitor, track and report on analyst and client interactions to ensure clients maximize value
- Manage analyst/sales marketing travel plan
- Track Morningstar equity research pipeline to surface upcoming thematic research to the sales and marketing teams for client and prospect programs and campaigns
- Partner with Morningstar and PitchBook PR teams to promote research
- Manage company and analyst meetings during our annual investor conference
- Manage analyst presentation plan at owned and unowned events
- A bachelor’s degree is required; progress towards/interest in the Chartered Financial Analyst designation is preferred
- Familiarity with equity investing is desirable
- Data driven, strong analytical skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills to support working with clients and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable working in multiple technology/CRM systems
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity