Associate Product Manager/Owner
Details (Company Description, Job Description, Qualifications):
At the Catch Company, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors and connect them to one of America’s largest sporting industries: fishing. Our approach is built on 4 pillars:
- Digital first
- Brand matters (a lot)
- Go vertical (we make many of the products we feature)
- Data, data, data
Using these pillars, we’re building the first personalized digital shopping experience that introduces anglers to the best new gear and lifestyle apparel and we are looking for exceptionally talented people to help make that vision a reality. In addition to being talented, our team members are honest, curious, take action and always seek to leave things better than they found them. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
The Catch Company is looking for a Product Manager to work closely with the Senior Director of Product in managing our digital products and providing our customers with the best eCommerce and subscription experience possible.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- You will help build digital products on the forefront of a rapidly emerging/evolving subscription eCommerce field
- You will be exposed to nuanced product management for multiple user types by assisting in both customer facing eCommerce products as well as internal business tools
- You will experience the entire product management cycle, owning projects from conceptualization to feature or product launch
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- We are based in Chicago’s West Loop (one of the best restaurant neighborhoods in the world), with easy access to all major public transportation systems
What you will do:
- Be the user advocate and product subject matter expert for all Catch Co. products
- Write user stories and translate them into detailed product specifications
- Refine requirements with the development and design teams
- Ensure alignment between the development backlog and the Product Roadmap
- Communicate with development, design, and the business teams to achieve sprint ready stories
- Coordinate with QA to help ensure the intended deliverable is achieved for each story
- Create low fidelity wireframes in coordination with the Design team
- Collaborate with the Director of Product in market research and new opportunity analysis
What will make you successful:
- Strong empathy for both users and internal stakeholders
- An ability to effectively communicate across departments
- A strong affinity for using data to drive decisions
- Unending curiosity
- Detail oriented
- A desire to act quickly and fail fast
- A preference for structured process
- An ability to wear many hats while staying organized
- A propensity to “get your hands dirty” and lead by example
Currently not offering visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of product management experience
- Experience managing a backlog with a development team in an agile environment
- Understanding of the software development cycle, particularly agile methodologies
- Capability with Microsoft Excel, including use of vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to read code and converse with developers about technical decisions
- Fishing knowledge or a strong willingness to learn
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Development experience is a plus
- Competitive Medical Dental and Vision insurance.
- Ability to work from home if there is a need.
- Flexible working hours.
- "Take what you need" vacation policy.