Associate Product Owner at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Associate Product Owner are emerging leaders within Product Development and work with dedicated product teams to ensure that our products deliver against our customers’ unmet needs. They are responsible for collecting and analyzing a variety of data to help the product team determine what needs to be built and in what priority. They assist in developing and executing product vision and strategy, which includes conducting feature research, running discovery sessions, writing user stories and owning the product backlog. They monitor the utilization of released functionality. They should have an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality and for innovating and expanding our market-leading product suite. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build strong relationships with a multi-discipline team.
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
Reports To: Product Manager
During the first six months at Paylocity
- Develop a strong knowledge of our customers, our business, our competition and the industry
- Regularly communicate with customers (with support from Product Manager) and internal stakeholders to get feedback on their wants and needs
- Collect and analyze a variety of data (e.g. industry, competitive, customer and stakeholder feedback) and with guidance, identify key themes and validate assumptions regarding product features
- Contribute to development and/or pressure testing of product vision and strategy
- Use data to validate product roadmap priorities
- Conduct roadmap feature research with product designers
- Help set up customer validation testing of designs and run discovery sessions
- Write user stories in a manner clearly understandable to product teams
- Present data and decisions to Product Manager to help them prepare for product briefing and deep dives
- Participate in all agile ceremonies
- Work with Product Manager to define vision and strategy for product's marketing launch plan and own assigned components of the plan
- Regularly monitor utilization of released functionality, looking for trends and share utilization data and trends with Product Manager to identify areas of opportunity and recommend ideas
- Own product backlogs and provide impact analysis of client issues to determine priority
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Is either in a current Product Analyst role at Paylocity or has 1-3 years of experience outside Paylocity as a Product Owner
- Data driven, with solid problem framing and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and technology skills
- Superior attention to detail with strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
- Brings a point-of-view supported by variety of data
- Enthusiastic about quality and controls
- Steadfast in your desire for production stability
- A strong communicator with an affinity for change management
- Starts with the customer unmet need (both short and long term)
- Always curious about the customer experience and current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with software and qa engineers, operations, sales, marketing and other internal key partners
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon your request. You may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks b